After Michael Brown’s shooting in Ferguson, the opinion departments of Guardian US and the St Louis Post-Dispatch partnered to gather readers’ stories from around the world of being racially profiled by police. Our hope is that this sampling will help spur empathy – and then action, everywhere.
You can read all 18 stories at Comment is free. Do you have an experience to share? Tell us using the #FergusonVoices hashtag.
Who’s fat and disgusting??? That’s right it’s meeee….
In 2005, Canada became the first country outside Europe, to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide by passing the Civil Marriage Act
If a Walmart employee sees you pocket an item, they are required to follow you around the store.
Kissing someone is more sanitary than shaking hands with…
So one time my dad bought a skeleton for Halloween, and one day he decided to place it in the kitchen to scare me and it went too far…
I am a princess…
Pancake with all the colors of the wind.
i can’t even make a circular pancake what the fuck is this shit
things I can’t imagine
- someone having a crush on me
- someone randomly seeing me and thinking ‘wow s/he’s cute’
- someone getting happy because I messaged them first
- someone thinking about me, in general
- someone wondering how I am
- someone finding me attractive
- someone doing something to try and impress me
- someone asking their friend on what to say to me
- someone wanting to get to know me
Please make this go viral.
It is so important I don’t even care if you delete what I write here, just help it be seen.